Calls for Art
Altered Esthetics seeks submissions of all mediums for Disquiet, a group exhibition at Ae’s gallery at the Southern Theater in October 2017.
Artwork should address: feelings of unease, anxiety, paranoia, phobias, or what lurks beneath the surface as you move through your daily life.
Disquiet is presented in collaboration with the Twin Cities Horror Festival (October 27-November 5, 2017).
Dates and Deadlines:
- Submission deadline: August 27, 2017
- Exhibition dates: September 29, 2017 - November 5, 2017
- Artwork Drop Off date: Monday, September 25 from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Artwork Pick Up date: Monday, November 6 from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Up to five images/submissions relating to the theme.
- No submission fee, but if selected artists are expected to pay a $35 exhibition fee. Waivers are available for low-income artists.
- 2D artwork must be ready to hang. Preferably wired with eye hooks. Artists are expected to provide any special materials needed for installation.
- An artist statement that specifically addresses your submitted work in context to the theme is encouraged.
Please use this form to submit your art to Disquiet:
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
5th Annual Altered Esthetics Film Festival
Ae seeks to exhibit short-form experimental film and video art at a length 12 minutes or shorter. The festival exhibits artists who explore the art of the moving image, including artworks that represent experimental narratives, genre-expanding documentary, contemporary art practices, and avant-garde poetics. The selections of short film and video work stretch the notion of what the moving image is and can be. For more information, visit our page on Film Freeway.
Dates and deadlines:
- August 7, 2017: Submissions Opening Date
- October 15, 2017: Earlybird Submissions Deadline
- January 15, 2018: Regular Submissions Deadline
- March 15, 2018: Late Submissions Deadline
- April 13, 2018: Artist Notification Date
- May 31 – June 2, 2018: Film Festival Dates
Submission Instructions: Submit your work via Film Freeway.